Monday, April 23, 2012

Buy Nothing New


Not only is the my first blog but this is my first big challenge. I can't believe I am actually doing this. So many emotions are running through my mind when I am getting ready to start this challenge. Happiness, relief, anxiousness, joy, fear, and so many others. Jake and I sat down with our budget the other day since it has changed when we moved.  We had come up a with few goals for our selves and when I saw this challenge on my friends facebook, I thought it could not have come at a better time.

My goals for this challenge:
1. Learn to fully rely on God for the strength to do this
2. "Make it" at least 3 months
3. Greatly put a dent in our debt
4. Build a savings for a much needed van
5. Set and example for our children

My guidelines for this challenge:
1. Food items and essentials will be bought new
2. Activities and vacations are allowed
3. Birthdays, etc. will have a spending limit that will be agreed upon before after prayerfully considering our current budget
4. Electronic books will be borrowed
5. Budget will be reviewed monthly to determine more/less to be given up.

We are taking major baby steps in this and things will likely change as we discover what works for us. I am excited to take this adventure and ask for your prayers in this.

3 comments:

  1. awesome job nicki! let me know if you need help with anything ever...i dont know a lot, but I know some.
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT idea! Really encouraging and I'm so glad you've taken on the challenge. I'll be praying for y'all too as often as you come to mind. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since it is almost summer time, there are often alot more kids activities that are free or low cost for the summer time, family events too. These are often listed in the local paper, usually the Sunday editions of "weekly going-ons".

    ReplyDelete